Mississauga and Brantford, Chiropody / Podiatry Foot Care
If you have arrived here searching for answers to arthritis, ingrown toe nails, footwear, diabetic foot care, children's foot care, fungal nails, heel pain, foot pain, shin splints, plantar fasciitis, custom orthotics, podiatric biomechanics, gait analysis or numerous other subjects related to function of the lower limb? Well done!, you ended up in the right spot.
You might be across the street from one of our offices, perhaps across country or even across an ocean. Regardless! what we would like to do for you is, through a series of very pointed questions and answers, is to raise and focus your expectations for any potential health care provider proposing to help you.
Ignore for the moment that we are chiropodists / podiatrists, the information which follows acknowledges there an increasing variety of professional groups with diverse educational and some clinical backgrounds professing expertise in this field. This will merely allow you to better comprehend the true value of what is being offered and likewise, we too can be judged accordingly.
- What sort of examination should I expect?
- Why should I be questioned regarding my general and systemic health?
- How will I understand what is happening?
- What technology should be used to diagnose my problem?
- What if I don't understand the diagnosis?
- Does every foot problem require custom functional orthotic devices?
- What is a custom functional orthotic device?
- How does a functional orthotic actually work?
- What will custom orthotics Not do?
- Will it work in every shoe for me?
- Do I need several devices?
- How should it be made?
- How long should a custom orthotic last?
- Will I need to come back to the office once i get my orthotic?
- Do I need custom footwear?
- Will my insurance company cover the cost of the orthotic?